Collection of User Information
When you interact with us through the website or other digital platform (including web pages, online forms, blogs, mobile applications or similar technology), you may choose to provide information that could reasonably be used to contact you or to identify you personally, or that otherwise relates to your person (“Personal Information”), such as:
- Your contact information (e.g., name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number);
- User name, display name and password;
- Geolocation information, such as your city, state or zip code;
- Demographic information, such as age information and gender;
- Payment information, such as credit card number, expiration date, billing address and security code;
- Communications preferences;
- Comments, photos, video clips and other user-generated content posted in our interactive online features;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
Whenever you interact through this website or other digital platform, we or our third-party advertisers and/or service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the website and/or other digital platforms are accessed and used (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include, among other things:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Digital Platform;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Digital Platform;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies; and
- Information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded.
Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if it is associated with you as a specific and identifiable person, it will be treated as Personal Information.
In the course of collecting Usage Information, we may also automatically collect your IP address, or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the computer, mobile device, Wi-Fi card, technology or other device (collectively, “Device”) you use to access our website or other digital platforms.
A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a website or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. When you visit our website or other digital platforms, your Device Identifier may be viewed, and the information used to determine the physical location of your Device, including longitude and latitude information. This information may also be used to enhance our website or other digital platforms, and we may associate your Device Identifier with your Personal Information.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Information From Other Sources
We may receive additional information about you from other sources and may combine that information with the other information we collect or receive about you. For example:
- We may receive information about you from our partners, sponsors and affiliates, including but not limited to entities that are legally part of the same group of companies that EAS is part of or that become part of that group, the United States Olympic Committee, the City of Chula Vista, the Easton Archery Center of Excellence, the Easton Foundation, as well as their respective partners and affiliates;
- We may receive information from you off-line, such as when you visit CVEATC facilities or participate in CVEATC-affiliated events;
- If you are on another website and opt-in to receive information from CVEATC or EAS, that website may forward to us your email address and other information about you so that we may contact you as requested;
- You may also choose to participate in a third party application or feature (such as one of our social media applications or a similar application or feature on a third party website) through which you allow us to collect and share (or the third party to collect and share) information about you, including Personal Information; and
- We may receive information from third-party partners and service providers, including partners and service providers that provide us information that is publicly or commercially available.
We may match the information we collect about you through our website and other digital platforms with information collected from such third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you and/or to offer you opportunities to purchase products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
How We Use the Information We Collect or Receive
- We use the information we collect and receive for the following general purposes:
- Provide you with the products, promotions, services, newsletters, and information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Customize and personalize your use of our website or other digital platforms;
- Contact you via e-mail and otherwise about products, services, and events that we think might be of interest to you;
- Contact you with surveys, legal notices, and other information that may be relevant to your use of the CVEATC, our website or other digital platforms;
- Maintain or administer our website or other digital platforms, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, our website and other digital platforms, as well as other products and services we offer;
- Publish comments, images, video submissions and other information posted in our interactive online features; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We do not store your credit card information.
How We Share the Information We Collect and Receive
- Member Organizations and Affiliates. We may share your information with our member organizations and other affiliated entities for a variety of purposes, including business, operational and marketing purposes.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with third party service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf, such as to host the Platform manage databases, host a store or other e-commerce platform, perform analyses or send communications for us.
- Select Business Partners. We may share your information with select business partners so that they can provide you with special offers, promotional materials and other materials that may be of interest to you. However, neither EAS nor CVEATC is responsible for the privacy practices of these business partners, which may use your information for their own purposes.
- In Connection With a Reorganization or Transfer of Assets. If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- Other Parties With Your Consent. We may share information about you with third parties when you consent to such sharing, including when you post information to a user profile or a public area of the Platform, such as a chat room, forum, blog or other community tool.
- Aggregate Information. We may disclose to third parties information that does not describe or identify individual users, such as aggregate website usage data or demographic reports.
You have a number of choices about how we handle information we collect or receive about you.
- Your Choice Not to Share Your Information or Receive Promotional Messages. You may always direct us not to share your Personal Information with third parties (other than our service providers), not to use your Personal Information to provide you with information or offers, and not to send you newsletters, emails or other communications by: (i) modifying your registered user information on our website or other digital platforms; (ii) contacting us by mail or (iii) following the removal instructions in the communication that you receive.
- Your Choice to Correct/Delete/Modify Your Information. If you wish to modify, verify, correct, or delete any of your Personal Information collected through our website, digital platforms or any other means set out above, you may edit your registered user information or contact us at the above address or email. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through our website or other digital platforms. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. It may not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
We have adopted security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access to the information we collect and receive. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect the information we maintain, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to our website or other digital platforms, and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of information.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and for any access to or use of our website or other digital platforms using your password, whether or not authorized by you. Please notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
Our website and other digital platforms are directed to a general audience. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not submit any personal information through our website and other digital platforms without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian.
Links to Third Party Sites and Services
Users Outside the U.S.A
CVEATC is based in the United States, and, regardless of where you use our website or other digital platforms provide information to us, the information may be transferred to and maintained on servers located in the U.S. Please note that any information we obtain about you will be stored in accordance with U.S. privacy laws, regulations, and standards, which may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By using our website or other digital platforms, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the U.S.